Monday 24 October 2016

Lost in Jaipur

Lost in Jaipur.  Well, not really. You can't get lost. You can have no idea where you are, surrounded by decrepit buildings, dust and filth and heat but you are only ever a tuk-tuk away from where you want to be. I went for an hours walk, just followed my nose (holding my breath occasionally cos of the stench) and ended up having a masala tea in a four star hotel.
Was a wonderful little adventure. At no point did I feel unsafe, nor lost.

This afternoon I had my first ever massage. By a brute of a Thai wrestler. I was not left tingling - more found it very private whilst at the same time very impersonal. Felt physically good; but I'd rather the masseur had been a little Indian lady... (prob not a good idea though, eh?)

I have given the YMCA the sack. Not that they know.
I really cannot be bothered to try and book a corner to kip in in the hope of meeting some interesting people.
I have an early start tomorrow; when you are going to bed, I will be getting up for breakfast and a taxi is collecting me at 515am to catch a train at 6am. That journey could be exhausting or fascinating or both; and there is so much disaster potential.  Then, all being good, I have to take the brown-line metro to the airport. If I can find it. I have booked myself into a cheap airport hotel. All I really want is a modern, clean bed and time to rest before my flight on 28.5 hours Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment